2/18/2024

a perfect imperfection

Joshua Tree National Park



The air is low tonight, pressed down to the ground, and it welcomes me like I am a victorious soldier just home from some distant war

The ground kisses the low air and caresses it, whispering sweet love words that I cannot make out, even though I listen closely


There is moonlight, star light, the street lights, headlights from passing traffic, and a sort of blue light from television sets filtering through the windows of the sad houses

Even with this light I cannot make out the tops of the trees or the roofs of the taller houses

Walking in this world brings me a loneliness, a melancholy that lingers long after the night is over

A new days begins, so what can I do but begin again as well

So I do

__________


Hanshan, the old monk, on Cold Mountain
Meditation, poems, and laughter
The winter wind howling
Across the surface of the frozen snow

__________


After dinner, standing outside in a light rain, I am connected to all creation. A perfect imperfection.


James Lee Jobe 




When you are a good flower arranger, you give each flower enough space. A flower needs space around her in order to radiate her beauty, her freshness. Therefore, you don’t need a lot of flowers.

Thich Nhat Hanh




Hello. If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. 
Thanks!
James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.