1/25/2024

throughout this life we are blessed



Election year

Do I want the fool who is President now

Or the idiot who was President before him 

I vote for the moon to turn golden 

And shine down on us all 

I vote for children that sing 

And I vote for my doggo 

Doggo in the moonlight for President 

Let the children sing 

Now 

James Lee Jobe 




Holding on always comes at a cost: primarily disappointment, and peripherally, exhaustion, because things are neither lasting nor dependable. Getting what we want is hard enough, but to keep what we have is impossible. 

Vanessa Zuisei Goddard



At day’s end we are blessed with darkness

At night’s end we are blessed with light

All throughout this life we are blessed

With the truth of change

Bless’d change

James Lee Jobe



My whole desire is to burn myself away.

Hāfez



Shivering on the north bank 

Putah Creek rolls on under my reflection 

The creek moves along 

But my reflection remains still 

A cold winter morning in Winters, California 

James Lee Jobe




Thanks for reading today's post here at the poetry zendo. You might consider supporting this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link just below. Many thanks, James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.