1/23/2024

being alive right now

Franz Kline


The caws of a magpie are a reminder
That death is always near That’s alright
Life is also near Always 

James Lee Jobe 


Think with your whole body.

Taisen Deshimaru



I have no fear of death 

Why should I, I’m not dead yet 

I live in this moment, not that one 

And I am alive right now 

What happens when we die 

Is there a heaven, a god 

I don’t know and I don’t care 

I don’t believe there is anything at all

Do what is in front of you to do

Sweep the floor, wash the dishes

One moment is equal to the next

So go ahead shoot me, stab me

Run me down on the highway

All I have to do is finish this poem


James Lee Jobe


Buddhism taught me that the way to change your karma is not to respond, but to feel the feeling without responding. Then it is passed on. It does no harm.

David Guy, “Trying to Speak: A Personal History of Stage Fright”





Holding my son again

After so very long

And now he is a man

Like me I feel the strength in his arms

His familiar scent

Oh, sure - you can say 

That it is only a dream

That it isn’t real at all

And yes, I am asleep….

….but I will take it

What else do I have

His ashes rest nearby

I will hold on


James Lee Jobe



Thanks for reading today's post here at the poetry zendo. You might consider supporting this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link just below. Many thanks, JLJ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.