12/01/2023

bring life to the planet



        The beggar breaks the rocks, and I eat them. My soul is nourished only by stone and great lament. By sorrow. Every day lasts for a thousand years. At dusk, I give the beggar a few pride-less coins, just barely enough to keep him until morning. Throughout the cold night I lie on my back and search the dark sky for a friend. Just a friend. I shiver, and my heart is empty. I have nowhere to go.

James Lee Jobe



What we call "I" is just a swinging door, which moves when we inhale and when we exhale. It just moves; that is all. 

Shunryu Suzuki



Bring life to the planet.

Help to heal that which needs healing.

Teach the children, feed the hungry.

House the homeless.

Love each other, be kind to each other.

It isn’t complicated, why we’re here.

James Lee Jobe



There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself. 

Henry David Thoreau



        I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I believe in the fresh snow on the Yuba river boulders. I have faith in the mud of the river trail and the long, graceful arc of a Redtail Hawk as she circles the river canyon. I believe in the tiny avalanches of a chickaree scrambling up a pebble scree, trying to hide from that hawk. Fate? Destiny? Luck? You can keep them. I’ll take something that is real, the Yuba River. 

James Lee Jobe 



        If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!  

JLJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.