11/26/2023

Man, I love Ray Wylie Hubbard.

Photographer unknown.


I dreamed an illness was in the roses and it spread out over all creation.

And though the sickness was very slow moving,
by the time I woke up from the dream
the entire world had been made ill by the roses.
People were coughing up blood and petals and thorns.
This was just an afternoon nap, so I went out
into yard to check on my own little rosebush.
It was bare of flowers.
I leaned in close and looked it right in the eye
and whispered, "Don't think for a minute
that I'm not watching you."
and I meant it.

James Lee Jobe



“While all bodies share the same fate, all voices do not.”

Li-Young Lee


Saving a sea shell.

In this shell there is no sound
of the ocean. No. Instead,
this shell holds the sound
of my father's deep voice.
Wait. It might be the sound
of my son's voice, singing.
Both are gone, lost too soon.
I have been a son, and also
I have been a father. Now
the nights are long and slow.

James Lee Jobe



Ray Wylie Hubbard - "Drunken Poet's Dream"


        Man, I love Ray Wylie Hubbard. Very earthy, very real. In person, a very funny man. Hit YouTube up for some live performances. CLICK HERE for his website and buy an album or something; support the artist.

        I appreciate your support of this blog, which you can do through the Buy Me A Coffee link below. It's a safe site, and if a million of you do it, I'll can pay off some bills. And the rest will just have to wait.

        Thanks, JLJ  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.