11/24/2023

living in this moment



That which is whispered.

The whisper of the bones is empty.
The whisper of the dirt is empty.

On days of solid steel
and nights that are riveted into place
we answer to whispers.
We answer to the truth.

But what is truth?
Did someone ask that?

If you cannot see the truth
you might as well be blind.
If you cannot hear the truth
you might as well be deaf.

Whisper to the bones.
Say one word; yes.
Whisper to the dirt.
Say one word; yes.

The truth isn't one thing for you
and another for everyone else.

Go now. There is nothing more
about this that I could ever tell you.

James Lee Jobe




Light from the moon of clear mind
Drinks up everything in the world:
When ‘mind’ and ‘light’ both disappear,
What is this?

Death poem of Kyong Ho Sunim (1846-1912)




Q and A

So you're a Buddhist now?
What to you think happens when we die?
Those were his questions.
Yes, I am, I told him. I don't know what happens next
and it doesn't matter anyway.
It doesn't matter?
No, I want to live in this moment, now.
I started walking away.
Wait a minute, I'm not done!
Too bad; I am.

James Lee Jobe



Arm for a pillow,
watching gemlike raindrops
from the eaves, alone.

Basho (1644-1694)



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment.  Thanks!

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.