9/26/2023

prayers from the godless

by Robert Farkas 

__________


"why does an atheist pray"

it feels good to pray 

so I pray to the universe 

which actually does exist 

and I am a part of it 

I pray to say thank you 

for this life 

and I pray for friends in need 

and for people suffering anywhere 

I don't need a god to be a decent man 

it is a beautiful morning 

here in sunny and cool california 

my doggo and I enjoyed our walk 

so thank you universe for today 

and if it is my last day 

then it has been marvelous

-----

whose life has not been touched 

by bird-pecked fingers

and how can one deduce any answers 

without knowing what questions to ask 

life is a short quick ride 

bird-pecked or not 

push the fingers away 

only you get to decide 

what fingers may or may not 

touch you 

-----

sometimes there are times 

when you think you have time 

but time isn't something 

that you get to have 

if you think you have time 

that's a good time to take time 

to think nothing at all 

just be with yourself 

james lee jobe 


grandkid nappin' - by jlj




__________

What we call "I" is just a swinging door
which moves when we inhale and exhale.

Shunryu Suzuki

__________


You can support this blog, and this blogger, with a small donation the the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Many thanks.

james 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.