9/28/2023

long enough that my eyes melted

jlj, my lemon tree



true north 


where is true north from here 

anyone 

because the earth is a giant box 

where we hide ugly things 

because the earth is also a tiny room 

where our skin is blue 

we are ripe 

with contradictions 

there are footprints here 

that cannot be explained by the police 

there is a bear skin rug on the floor 

and the constitution says 

we have the right to bear arms 

we are seeking true north 

and the priests are no help 

if this journey is to have any real meaning 

we need to get something right 

true north 

the earth defined 

an understanding of the footprints 

the vengeance of the bears 

something 

anything 

we'll settle for true north 


----


a spider on my bathroom wall 

looks like it is watching me 

but that could easily be my absurd ego 

where I live

one is never far from a spider 

once I was an arachnophobe

now I am used to them 

coming in for a close look 

I see that the spider 

is really a handsome beast 

"the room is yours" 

I say as I leave

----


What a pleasure it is to wake up and realize that there is nothing in life worthy of my fear.

----

the surf 


everything is equal in the emptiness of the void 

ocean beach   san francisco   some years ago 

or was it yesterday   it's all the same 

a rare clear day ending   how long did i stand there 

watching the sun slide down into the wildness 

of the pacific   long enough that my eyes melted 

and my thoughts melted   and I left my body behind 

rising up as the sun went down   one being loose 

in this universe   red flames against dark blue water 

everything is equal in the emptiness of the void 


james lee jobe





So long as little children are allowed to suffer, there is no true love in this world. 

Isadora Duncan





You can support this blog, and this blogger, with a small donation the the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Many thanks.

james 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.