9/24/2023

giving up all of my absurd ambitions


now the chores are done 
and I reach for my notebook and pen 
no one cares or even notices 
sundown brings the darkness 
and the sky fills with those diamonds 
that we call stars 
it is quiet here 
and for you I hold this hope 
that you can know peace 
like I do 

--

the river water contains desire and delight 

I noticed it right away 

when my foot first touched the water 

I waded out into deep delusion 

where delight and desire are woven together 

like a Maidu basket 

I put my head under the cold waters 

and allowed desire to take me 

it was a strong feeling 

good 

delightful 

coming up I kicked toward the far shore 

and swam as hard as I was able 

as if I were still a much younger man 


--

That I might always keep my heart full of compassion, so full that there is no room for anything else. Life happens only in the present moment.

--

the idea of giving up all of my absurd ambitions 

seems like a gift to me now    a christmas present 


the winter sky at night    a cold storm blows in 

I raise my arms up to heaven   love and compassion 


then emptiness    no thought at all

is the best thought after all 


james lee jobe


--

Zen mind is not Zen mind.
Throwing away Zen mind is correct Zen mind.

Seung Sahn

--

If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

james 

Buy Me A Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.