9/07/2023

an old album by The BoDeans

vincent van gogh, small pear tree in blossom, 1888





animal bones fall from the cold clouds like snow 
elk   dog   owl
and from these bones the humans make primitive things 
tools   art   dinnerware 
collecting the bones the humans create small songs
and as they work they sing 
upon hearing this new music the bones quiver 
in the hands of the humans
like frightened children at their parents' feet 
and life continues on and on

-----

a sea of illusion surrounds 

the island of my tiny life 

high tide comes 

and washes over the way I live

and over what I am   

what am I   

I wonder that   

wet 

and what shall I become 

when I am dry once again


-----


coffee and an old album by the bodeans a month with no rain and dust in the air walking on painful feet on a bad knee the son that I lost is in my eyes again he is walking the halls through my heart time is a hammer pounding I smile until the world looks away and wait for the quick moments when the world isn't watching me suffer



by james lee jobe




the bodeans, good things




"Go as a river." 

Thich Nhat Hanh



If you enjoy this blog please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.