8/28/2023

Be perfectly brave and honest.

Shirin Neshat



after dinner
standing outside in a light rain
I am connected to all creation
a perfect imperfection

james lee jobe




Whenever I get too stressed out about the headlines I comfort myself by remembering that we all swallow spiders in our sleep. 

Whitney Cummings




What can we do with sorrow? James says not to swallow it down. Wear your sorrow on your chest, as if it were a medal for courage. Be perfectly brave and honest. People will ask if you are doing any better; don't lie. Tell them no, I am an infected sore, but I love you for checking on me. When you check on me I can hear the birds again, after a long time, singing in the far distance. 

james lee jobe




I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.

Pablo Picasso


Shirin Neshat



in class I paid little attention
and often none at all
did it matter
my dog loves me
so does my wife
two doves visit my patio daily
every summer the jasmine
and crape myrtle bloom so lovely
I have a room full of books
and a nice reading chair
in the end I never needed
that algebra or biology
just like I said I wouldn’t

james lee jobe



QUESTIONS ANSWERED
-Li Po, 701-762

You ask why I live
alone in the mountain forest,

and I smile and am silent
until even my soul grows quiet.

The peach trees blossom.
The water continues to flow.

I live in the other world,
one that lies beyond the human.




Thanks for reading today's post here at the poetry zendo. You might consider supporting this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link just below. My mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Many thanks, jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.