7/31/2023

I confessed your sins.

Cartoon poet




Questioning everything includes questioning the doctrine “Question Everything.”

-Brad Warner




I set out to confess my sins
but I confessed yours instead 
it seemed like that would be more interesting 
and it was 
also I made up some sins 
by that point I was on a roll 
there is no god   no heaven   no hell 
but forgive me anyway 
please 

-james lee jobe 




Patience is key to your mental health when you are physically ill. It is one of the few virtues you can actively cultivate when your body ceases to cooperate.

-Shozen Jack Haubner








bitter cold that day 
when we buried my grandma 
gray sky in January 1969   
Randallstown Maryland 
I was still a kid not yet 13 
the razor wind cut right through me 
my knees were shaking 
my face felt frozen 
I kept thinking that she would be in that hole 
for as long as I lived
my grandma   how I loved her jokes 
her scratchy voice and Baltimore accent 
calling everyone Hon 
such a cold awful day 
I shiver even now remembering it 
and it is mid summer in California 
         dear old soul 

-james lee jobe




Although they appear to be quite different, sadness and openness are in fact intimately connected. The profound sadness that overwhelms us when we understand the impermanent nature of all phenomena opens us up to the world around us.

-Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche, “The Secret Strength of Sadness”








watching a fall storm
rain falling into Putah Creek
the cycle is a circle
the circle is a cycle
oh how life goes around

-james lee jobe 




As long as you seek for something, you will get the shadow of reality and not reality itself.

-Shunryu Suzuki


AT GOLDEN-RIDGE 

Golden-Ridge City 

is tucked into the earth 

with the river curving past 

and flowing away 

once a million homes where right here 

crimson towers beside narrow lanes 

a vanished country 

all spring grasses

and now 

the palace is buried in ancient hills 

yet this moon remains 

facing the timeless island 

across the water of Hou Lake water 

empty 

-LI PO, 701-762 CE



Herbie Hancock - Chameleon



Hello. James Lee here. If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment.

Thanks! -James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.