6/27/2023

I am not the one to save the day.


MARTIN OSNER




RICH WITH VOWELS AND CONSONANTS, rich with punctuation. A truckload of verbs, nouns, and adjectives. Adverbs to the left, prepositions to the right. Sentences on a wagon, pulled by mules. The warehouse is rich with language, there is plenty for all. Paragraphs cut into planks; the houses are built from them. Anything you wish to say can be built. This is a city of language, and you are welcome here. Why not stay? 

james lee jobe




When you begin to see that your enemy is suffering, that is the beginning of insight. 

Thich Nhat Hanh


it’s far too late to think about perfection
it’s perfectly clear that I am not the one to save the day
climb mount everest, or discover the cure for baldness
but there's this I’m still me
I can live with being the man that I am
and that's enough
when that door finally opens
I’m walking through
whatever comes next is alright by me

james lee jobe




In giving, mind transforms the gift and the gift transforms the mind. 

Dōgen Zenji




snow fell and I stayed home from school for no reason
I didn't go outside to play I just read my books all day with the radio on loud
the beatles the yardbirds like that
the day felt sad although nothing sad had happened
it was as though my life had not yet begun
and I was waiting for that in a sort of limbo
I was wrong of course that was my life right then as this is now and every moment counts as much as every other moment
but I was a boy and white snow was falling
from a gray sky onto a gray world
white upon gray and I watched this through the bedroom window as the yard filled
what did I know nothing I just felt

james lee jobe



I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale



Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! Thanks, jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.