4/29/2023

Birth is as random as anything else.



Crazy man, I was jailed into myself
Into my own head
I thought I was 'deep in thought'
The sentence was given to me by myself
Life-As-Jobe… with no parole
Oh, hell
But don't worry, I busted out of my cell
One night when the guard was sleeping
Foolish guard, that was me too

-

A word after silence; let it be peace

-

There is no future written
In the palm of a hand or in tea leaves
Tarot cards are nothing more than cards
Interesting, sure, but they're just cards
Scorpio? Virgo? No, sorry
Birth is as random as anything else
There is no fate or destiny to be found or fulfilled
And no yesterday that can held forever
Or even held accountable
That said, isn't this moment lovely enough
Draw your breath in, let it out
Ah, life

-

Even now, as ashes in a container
My son casts a large shadow across my life

It is as if it always late afternoon between us
And his shadow stretches from west to east

Across this broken thing, this lump
That I once called my heart


James Lee Jobe





Please support this blog with a small donation through the the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.




If every day you practice walking and sitting meditation and generate the energy of mindfulness and concentration and peace, you are a cell in the body of the new Buddha. This is not a dream but is possible today and tomorrow. 
-Thich Nhat Hanh

-

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.
-Victor Hugo

-

Try being completely sincere. Say what you truly believe. Don't compromise yourself to be liked or affirmed.
-James Lee Jobe 

-

The paradox of impatience is that, in trying to hurry toward enjoyment, we hurry past it. 
-Dean Sluyter











If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.