3/26/2023

Even the birds have gone silent.



Man, I do not want to be chained to the machine that runs it all. This world, this nonsense. No, let these flowers be adored and fall with the rain onto the beautiful streets of tomorrow. No, let these children play as they wish in the blue snow of the singing winter mountain, in the creeks of the summer woods blessed with strange and colorful birds, and on the swings of the parks in heaven. Deny the machine, let a new sun and a new moon make love in the purple and red sky at dawn, crying out with passion and delight. Let that which is greater than you adore and dress this life with something worthy of worship. Deny the machine. The time we waited for is here, now, and every screaming second pulls us closer to our faith and our hope. This is the new beginning, cast off the pain and the lethargy of the years and decades that you waited, brother, sister, the joy that we wanted for so long begins now.

    James Lee Jobe 


Avoid the world, it's just a lot of dust and drag and means nothing in the end.

Jack Kerouac


Follow me on Twitter.


I read poems by W.S. Merwin. When I recorded this Merwin was still alive.



Please support this blog with a small donation through the the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.


A fool sees himself as another, but a wise man sees others as himself.

Dōgen


The sorrow of the blue sky.
Even the birds have gone silent.
My son's ghost must be passing by again.

James Lee Jobe 






True happiness is based on peace. 

Thích Nhất Hạnh


Oh, you have no idea how dark it is.
Just as I know the universe has no end,
I know that there is a shadow across my soul.
Can you actually prove that we have souls?
No, but I can show you the shadow --
Are you up to seeing it?

James Lee Jobe






There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do. 

John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath


Below the perfect yellow moon a street light is burning white White WHITE. Why is it even on? Once I have walked past, no one will be there to see it. From one of the valley oaks an owl lets out a soft vowel sound. Perhaps she, too, would prefer the moonlight on its own. I'll go and ask her.

James Lee Jobe 


Follow me on Instagram.



Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. This and Social Security are my income. Thanks! 

jlj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.