2/19/2023

falling into the dark water


Rain falling into the dark water of the creek at night. This is how I was formed, dark water into the flesh of a man. O how quietly I flow along this old creekbed.

james lee jobe 


Now all my teachers are dead except silence.

W.S. Merwin



Kawase Hasui - Gokoku Temple



After the dinner is finished 

and the plates are washed and put away 

a silence envelopes the house 

and holds it like a loved child 

in a soft room settle down 

and read while the evening lasts 

a favorite book or a new one 

or put pen to paper 

and the write stories of your life 

and when the night becomes full 

and the trees outside are sleeping 

send two prayers out into the universe 

the first prayer is to give thanks 

and the second prayer is full of hope  for those you love


james lee jobe



The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.

Pema Chödrön




All the flatlands of this valley 

     are measured 

     by time and the sky 

I am nothing 

james lee jobe



Wherever you are is the perfect place to awaken. This moment is the exact place to practice compassion and loving awareness. You have all the ingredients to breathe and find freedom just where you are.

Jack Kornfield



DEXTER GORDON, Laura 


Through time I have ladled out my life, one large spoonful at a time. Soon, blessedly, I shall be empty at last. 

james lee jobe









If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

JLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.