2/22/2023

a brand new box of your favorite cereal





The land here wears a robe that lives
in shades of green.
Today, a blessing of rain.
The greens around me deepen,
they color my life,
and I sit with a quiet smile.

james lee jobe 




I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. 

Malcolm X





Putah Creek lowlands
no hills
fields spread out north and south
farms and orchards
a few ranches
coyotes and owls and jack rabbits
silence
easy to find here
once you figure out silence   what’s left 
the big empty
that’s what

james lee jobe 




Caring is all we have. Cynicism is just a soft form of denial. 

Jenny Offill





To me it seems pretty easy to understand; life opens up like a brand new box of your favorite cereal on a lovely morning, but it’s also the morning when your favorite uncle dies.

james lee jobe 




This is the gift of change, to know that although it is difficult right now, this too shall pass. 

Martine Batchelor 



Self-Care, a poem by Faylita Hicks



I, the poet James, hereby forgive
everyone who has ever hurt me,
and likewise, I forgive myself
for my own sins.
A winter afternoon
that feels more like spring.

james lee jobe 



John Coltrane - Ascension 

If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.