2/23/2023

a world full of dirt



Everyone’s brain is plugged and there are no more plumbers.

All of our souls are in danger of going to hell, only there are no such things as souls or hell.

Have you ever considered that perhaps dirt rules the world? There is a lot of it.

You might hear someone say that time is passing quickly or slowly, but there is no such thing as time, only the nonsense in our minds.

Turn off your television, turn off your computer and your phone. Yes, you will cease to exist, but not today, and not because of that. We’re going to cease to exist at some point.

And cheer up, there really are a lot of plumbers. I lied about that.

james lee jobe



Antiwar.com (exactly what it sounds like)



Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. 

Thich Nhat Hanh



In time, we will call the meeting to order,
a meeting for the purpose of understanding the earth.
Everyone present will have a voice;
rocks and people,
the soil and the animals,
the rivers and the plants,
everyone and everything that exists.
We can hear the truth from every point of view
and then come to understand this world around us.
And having learned what we need,
we can call for the vote;
shall we save this world,
or just give up and wait?
To do something, or just sit back
and wait for this world to die.
Life is made of choices.

james lee jobe 


The moment you think of others, your mind widens.

Dalai Lama XIV


Gwendolyn Brooks: America in the Wintertime, a poem by Haki R, Madhubuti



RON CARTER, The Shadow Of Your Smile



Fields behind fields that were themselves behind fields.
I walked for hours, sometimes all day, close to the fences
or the treeline, and away from the few gravel roads.
My high school felt like a prison, with the violent
and the ignorant all around me, often challenging me
because of my obvious differences. I didn't fit in,
and, in truth, I didn't want to ever fit in there.
And in the vastness of the land I could lose myself,
I could be just a speck under the immense sky.
There was nothing to explain, and no one to question me.
I had my lunch, some smokes, and a book or two.
Sometimes I read poems aloud to the grazing cattle,
or slept by a creek with my back to a cottonwood tree.
In the long shadows of the afternoon I walked home
with the scent of the fields on my clothes and in my hair.
My father's home in Hunt County, Texas, in 1971.

james lee jobe 


Neoteric Kama No Sutra, a poem by Frank X Walker


Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken! Take heed, do not squander your life.

Dōgen



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

jlj  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.