2/13/2023

morning coffee, fruit, and fried pies


        Later in winter now, the daylight lasts a little longer, the sun rises a little earlier, precious sunlight on my morning coffee and fruit. 

-

A hummingbird looks at me 

like I made a mistake. 

Did I?

-

A dog barks from somewhere down the street and the sound carries like the majesty of grief.

Cheaply built houses cover the suffering people here the way that magic covers a circus audience.

A dove pecks the ground, as happy as a child, as happy as Christmas morning.

Sunset, and the path we walk fades to gray, and we fade, and life fades.

-

        Nodding off while watching television, I dream I am in an old European train station. The dream is in black and white, and has a film noir look to it. I can't find you, or read the train schedule, and looking down I realize I only have one ticket. I feel sick down deep in stomach as I watch the train depart.

-

eight billion voices       raised 

in song         and the planet 

listens          and joins in 

world strong 

planet strong 

-

james lee jobe 



Christian McBride, Fried Pies 


        To cling to hope is also to be shadowed by its opposite, fear, which is ready to pounce whenever we let go of that hope. Bodhisattvas are moved to act by something deeper: a compassionate generosity of spirit that wants to express itself and, although it seeks results, does not require them. 

David Loy


        For those who understand, no explanation is needed...For those who don't, none will do.

Jerry Lewis


        If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.