1/18/2023

poetry, blues, and a llama


My photo. I know this llama. Well, we've met.




That sound in a seashell.

Holding a seashell up to my ear -- do you know
that sound? I used to say it was the ocean.
Not anymore. Now I know what it is, it is the sound
of my son's life, the son I lost. And I don't say
anything at all about it to anyone. I just sit and listen.

james lee jobe


Wherever you go you will find your teacher, as long as you have the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

Shunryu Suzuki


Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Driftin' Blues


Sunrise. Sacramento Valley.

Awaken, o feeble mind.
For once again the sun
has almost cleared
the eastern mountains
and a regal purple light
holds the sky in its arms.
Your life awaits. Awaken!

james lee jobe


In this world of ours, We eat only to cast out, Sleep only to wake, And what comes after all that Is simply to die at last.

Matsuo Bashō,1644-1694 CE


CLICK HERE to link to The Zen Peacekeepers site


CLICK HERE to link to Medusa's Kitchen poetry site


The mural of me. It's a selfie.


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.