12/15/2022

Water and soil, add seed and time.

 


Cabin in Jämtland, Norrsjö, Sweden. 
______________________________________



Haibun: We start with water and soil. 

Water and soil, add seed and time. The world can produce what we need to eat, but what can we give to the world in return? Our loving kindness. Our hearts. To tend with care and reverence. 

We put seed in soil
and in time a new life forms-
the universe, so lovely.

james lee jobe




Link: Tonight, a poem by Agha Shahid Ali



Hate comes from fear and ignorance. It's the ideology of terrorism. 

Darshpreet Singh 




Two Poems by Ryōkan Taigu, 1758-1831

**

Who says my poems are poems?
They aren't poems at all. 
Only when you understand my poems aren't poems 
can we talk poetry. 

**

Above heaven 
big winds 



Jazz: Sonny Rollins, My One And Only Love



Haibun: Like a hobo of old. Sort of. 

New Orleans, over forty years ago as I write this. I lived in the French Quarter,
and several times a day a freight train passed between Jackson Square and
the Mississippi River, moving very slowly because of all the tourists there. Since
I was young and usually in a hurry, I would often grab the ladder of a passing
boxcar, step up, and ride for a few blocks. As crowded as the busy city was,
I never saw anyone else doing this. 


Deep and wide, so strong;
the ancient Mississippi.
A lone train horn blast.

james lee jobe



We must first directly comprehend the spiritual reason of things and then let us with this insight look upon things that are about us. 

Soyen Shaku





Link: Onta, a poem by Dan Beachy-Quick



The difference between an unwise person and a wise person lies in how they respond to pain, not in whether or not they achieve an absence of pain.

Vidyamala Burch



Blues: Big Bill Broonzy, Trouble In Mind 


Ritual is a form of direct knowing, something indigenous to the psyche. It has evolved with us, taking knowing into the bone, into our very marrow. 

Francis Weller



That I might always remember to be grateful, and to show my gratitude. That I might always remember to seek out the good when bad things happen, and to be grateful for those things. That I might always remember to seek out the good that I can do myself.

james lee jobe




Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.