12/31/2022

the fish with a door on his back

 

                The street is lit with the beam of years, the swallow and crush of living, and the kindest thoughts of solace. We are the cherubs in an ancient painting, we are the stone gargoyles that protect the stone grayness of the buildings. Moonlight to dress the city for bed. Moonlight to court and seduce those who need to be courted, those who lack seduction. The old clock in the tower strikes midnight and the gates to the next world open; dreams pour into this world and souls pour into the next one. Are you coming, my friend? This is the hour for which you have waited so very long. 

james lee jobe 






The Way It Is

Faint shadow, a house, and traces of rain. 
In the courtyard depths, the gate's still closed
past noon. That lazy, I gaze at moss until
its azure-green comes seeping into my robes.

Wang Wei, 701-761 CE



Freddie King - I'm Tore Down 


That the earth might go on,
that the rain might go on,
that the sun might shine on,
that the forests might still grow;
as these things continue,
so will life continue.
This is my prayer.

james lee jobe 



                Last night I dreamed of a  big fish that had a sort-of door on his back. I reached into the water and opened the door, and inside was more water and more fish, tiny ones, swimming around. The large fish was patient, and let me do this. This is not a prose poem, but an actual dream. 

james lee jobe 



Click here to visit THE SAME OLD ZEN by Sensei Alex Kakuyo





                Hello. James Lee here. If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. 

Thanks! -jlj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.